Make using essential oils EASY with our at-a-glance cheatsheets.
Be confident in using essential oils safely AND effectively! Simply click the button to download these two popular cheatsheets and see just how easy using essential oils SAFELY can be.
There’s cranberry sauce — and then there’s Cranberry Sauce.
For many of us, the memory of the firm, jellied cranberry sauce that delightfully schlopped out of the can on Thanksgiving sets the stage for what is considered “real” cranberry sauce. But what a far cry from “real” it is….
It wasn’t until I was an adult and discovered I loved to cook (and began collecting cookbooks — several of which rocked my world and changed the way I cooked), that I realized cranberry sauce could take on so many forms and be delicious in so many different, delectable ways.
Thus, today I'm sharing SEVEN of my all-time favorite cranberry sauce recipes – one here and SIX MORE over at the Traditional Cooking School.
Click here to get ALL the recipes – and see the absolutely scrumptious Hot Pepper Cranberry Sauce recipe below.
All of these use a nutrient-rich form of sweetener, and are crafted to highlight one nourishing ingredient or feature a seasonal ingredient.
- Classic Cranberry Sauce,
- Jellied Cranberry Sauce with Rosemary and Honey,
- Spiced Cranberry Sauce,
- Cranberry Sauce with Lime (a.k.a. Cranberry & Lime Salsa),
- Cranberry-Orange Sauce with Fresh Mint, or
- Fermented Cranberry Sauce
Happy Thanksgiving, all!Print
Hot Pepper Cranberry Sauce
makes approximately 2 cups
- 1 cup honey or evaporated cane sugar
- 1 jalapeño, preferably red, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cups (about 12 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a steady simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and let mixture cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have popped and the mixture has thickened, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.