This post may contain affiliate links, including those from Amazon.com, which means we earn a small commission off your purchases. And here's the thing: We only mention services and products that we think are truly worth your attention, whether they're free, paid, or otherwise. This site relies on YOUR trust, so if we don't stand behind a product 110%, it's not mentioned. Period.
This recipe is courtesy of my book, The DIY Pantry.
Make using essential oils EASY with our at-a-glance cheatsheets.
Be confident in using essential oils safely AND effectively! Simply click the button to download these two popular cheatsheets and see just how easy using essential oils SAFELY can be.
Today's post is quick. 🙂
- wanting to avoid preservatives or undesirable ingredients in a particular brand of spices (yes, even spices sometimes have chemical preservatives!),
- wanting to be frugal, or
- it's Thanksgiving morning and you don't have time to run out to the store, so you're wanting to throw together your own homemade pumpkin pie spice,
you've come to the right place.
Homemade pumpkin pie spice is easy and – like anything homemade – it's fully customizable. Don't have allspice? Just skip it! Love cinnamon? Add a bit more.
This is how I've been making homemade pumpkin pie spice for years and it makes its way into pumpkin pie smoothies, pumpkin pie pancakes, pumpkin spice lattes… even sprinkled over our slow-cooker oatmeal (a pumpkin version, of course) so the flavor sinks into the oats as it cooks. Basically, it's yummy and it's easy to keep on hand.
Here's to enjoying the warm, autumnal flavors of fall and to all your pumpkin pie making adventures!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ cup ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, fresh grated is best - yum!
- 2 teaspoons allspice powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Whisk everything together in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.