This post may contain affiliate links, including those from Amazon.com, which means we earn a small commission off your purchases. And here's the thing: We only mention services and products that we think are truly worth your attention, whether they're free, paid, or otherwise. This site relies on YOUR trust, so if we don't stand behind a product 110%, it's not mentioned. Period.
Maple & Mustard Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- Sauté the Brussels sprouts. Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until it bubbles, then add the Brussels sprouts. Sauté until the edges begin to brown and they're beginning to soften, 5-6 minutes. Toss or stir occasionally so all sides get a chance to brown.
- Glaze the Brussels sprouts. Whisk together the maple syrup and mustard. When the Brussels sprouts have begun to wilt and they're fork-tender, pour the maple-mustard mixture over the Brussels sprouts in the pan. Stir to coat all pieces and cook for another 2-3 minutes to caramelize the glaze.
- Season and serve. Pull one Brussels sprout out of the pan and allow it cool slightly. Taste and add additional maple syrup or mustard as desired, letting the mixture cook 1-2 more minutes if you add more syrup. Serve hot.