Squeezable Homemade Children’s Toothpaste
- 2 tablespoons calcium carbonate
- 1 tablespoon bentonite clay OR additional calcium carbonate
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil, softened but still solid
- 1/2 teaspoon glycerin (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vodka or water, more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon of the flavor extract of choice, more as desired
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: the calcium carbonate, clay, and baking soda. Using a fork, blend in the coconut oil and glycerin until uniform. Add the vodka and the extracts and use a whisk to stir it very briskly and beat until smooth. Spoon into a sqeezable tube (like this one) or this super-brilliant DIY toothpaste tube and use within 1 month.
- Alternatively, place all ingredients together in a small blender or mini-food processor and blend until very smooth.