Cold & Flu Tea for Pregnancy
- 1/2 cup dried rosehips
- 1/4 cup dried elder flowers
- 1/4 cup dried echinacea herb (Echinacea spp.)
- 2 tablespoons dried orange rind
- 2 tablespoons dried nettle leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried spearmint leaf (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apple (optional)
Where to Buy Ingredients
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium size bowl until well-mixed, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.
- To steep, bring fresh water to a boil, then remove the kettle from the heat and allow the boiling to come to a stop. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the cold and flu tea for pregnancy mixture into a tea strainer in a mug, then pour over the nearly-boiling water, cover with a small plate or other cover, and let steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove herbs from the tea, then sip as desired, preferably while wrapped in heavy blankets to promote sweating, which cools the body and helps rid it of unwanted pathogens.
- While this nutritive tea can be considered safe during pregnancy, as with all things, it should be drunk in moderation.